Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fashion goes out the window

When I was training for the 2006 3-Day Walk, my teammate Randi and I did some long (10+ miles) walks down Peachtree Rd. and through other well-populated areas of Atlanta. Of course, we didn't want to look like clowns and become yet another city street character with our hideous walking gear, so we used "fashionable" fanny packs. Yes, I know that's an oxymoron. But I had a "waistpack" with a slim profile. It held one water bottle and had a couple small zippered pockets that would fit some money, keys and barely fit my cell phone. After a couple dehydrating walks in the blistering summer heat, and a few incredibly painful blisters later, I was willing to wear a potato sack around my waist to carry more water, Gatorade and bandaids. So, I invested in my rather large WAISTPACK, and now this thing is my best friend:



No comments: