Team Bust Foot Forward disbanded for this weekend's training due to various scheduling conflicts and Saturday morning hangovers, so I slept in a bit on Saturday (but not due to a hangover) and decided to walk 10 miles on the Silver Comet Trail by myself. I know this sounds painfully long and boring (it is ... the scenery never changes on the SCT), but thanks to my trusty iPod, I was able to catch up on 3.5 hours' worth of podcasts. I geeked out listening to other geeks talk about the TV show Lost and the Slate Magazine experts gab about culture and politics. Check out the podcasts on iTunes ... I'll give you a dollar if you can't find something you like.
Much to my dismay, my snazzy new blue shoes were giving me "hotspots" (areas that, untended, will turn into blisters) on the sides of my feet. I left the New Balance store last weekend wearing those new shoes, and a shoebox with my old shoes in them. That box has been sitting on my bedroom floor for a week. I opened it yesterday looking for a receipt for my return, and found another brand new pair of shoes! Somehow I walked out of the store with the wrong box, and they restocked the shelves with my smelly, dirty old sneakers. Gross.
They still had my shoes when I went to the store today, and I got a different size in the snazzy blue ones. Hoping those ones aren't so "hot" ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Erika,
Congradulations on surpassing your targeted goal for the walk!
We'll be cheering for you over the weekend!
Dave and Martha Kihm
Post a Comment